The View from Here : Literature From Around the World
The View from Here is a series which looks at the literature of countries from different parts of the globe from the perspective of local bloggers. So if you’ve ever wanted to know what book lovers in Sri Lanka are reading, which Canadian authors you should read or whether French literature is as strong as in the nineteenth century, this is a series for you.
Countries will be added to this list as the features are published. Click on the country name to see the featured post.
- Literature from Sri Lanka: Featured Blogger is Mystica from musingsfromsrilanka
- Literature from The Phillipines: Featured Blogger is Angus of Book Rhapsody
- Literature from Canada: Featured Blogger is Tanya of 52 books or bust
- Literature from France: Featured Blogger is Emma at Words and Peace
- Literature from Japan: Featured blogger is Meredith who blogs as Dolce Bellezza.
- Literature from South Africa: We have two guest posts for South Africa.
Penny who spent 2015 reading only books from South Africa. Penny’s guest post is here
- Literature from India: Featured blogger is Nishita from Nishita’s Rants and Raves
- Literature from Belgium: Featured reader is An https://twitter.com/An1081
- Literature from Australia: Featured blogger is Whispering Gums
- Literature from Antigua and Barbados: Featured blogger is Joanne C Hillhouse
- Literature from Finland: A perspective from Books from Finland
- Literature from Colombia: Featuring Laura Sesana who blogs at Lasesana.com
- Literature from Denmark Featuring Marit who blogs at boegernekslabyrint
- Literature from Ireland – with Cathy of 746books
- Literature from Scotland – with Joanne at PortobelloBookBlog
- Literature from Wales – two contributors talk about Wales:
Booker Talk reflects on the idea of the Great Welsh Novel. Read the article here
In an interview with Editor and publisher Caroline Oakley of Honno Press she considers whether literary prizes are important. Caroline’s interview is available here.